Sunday, July 5, 2015

How to make TTT Fun

I honestly really struggled trying to find a new and innovative way to make Tic Tac Toe fun AND to make a playable demo for Monday.

I tried working off of a game where you take a piece of gridpaper and you and another player draw a line between 2 dots. When one person makes a square, they write their initials in the square and it counts as a point for them. The game continues until all the area has been claimed.

But unfortunately, that didn't really go anywhere.

What I ended up doing was combining two different games, Tic Tac Toe, and Hangman.

The rules are essentially the same. Both players come up with a word (of equal length) for a game of hangman. At the same time, there is a single game of TTT going on. If one player guesses a letter right, they get to place down a move on tic tac toe.

I also thought about the idea of "if a player guesses a letter wrong, the other player gets to put their move on TTT down" but I felt like this would move the game too fast.

I'm also considering using a 4x4 grid of TTT and making it 4 in a row, just to elongate the game and make the Hang man aspect last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment