Saturday, July 18, 2015

Calling Card Mind Map - Kimberly

The experience I wanted to work off of was "Twisted/Shocked". I create a mind map with the experience as Level 1, and for Level 2, I listed tools and/or experiences that I found myself feeling a little twisted and disgusted. These included the sight of blood, inner body organs, critters deemed pests, and scary messages you imagine written in blood on the walls.

An experience I put down was looking at an artistic rendition of Pokemon and the anime Attack on Titan. It was an interesting remix of something from childhood that was fun and cute, with something associated with lots of gory, gruesome and intense scenes of people being chomped in half. I want to do something similar by taking something that's very familiar and maybe comforting and then twisting it into something completely opposite.

While doing the mind map, I also thought of sasaeng fans of Kpop idols. They are the crazy fans who stalk, hack, threaten, and do crazy things to Kpop idols because of their obsession or hate. They will cut themselves or use menstrual blood to send letters. They would go into their dorms and hide in the bathroom. They will send food like cakes coated with poison. It would be a real experience if I could incorporate some of these into my object.


No comments:

Post a Comment