Sunday, July 28, 2013

Update! Fortune Cookies Project Results

Hey everyone!

I made the fortune cookies this weekend. Hopefully you're all ready for this awesome surprise!
Once I do the experiment I'll update this post with my findings.


Update:




The game project was pretty successful on Monday, the 29th. As expected I came to class with the fortune cookies and everyone began to open them up. It was my first fluxus type of event! Trying to wake everyone up to the greatness of everyday life, aww yeah!

Success:
-Everyone understood what to do.
-Everyone said they were delicious

-The complete composition was actually kind of fun sounding.


Critiques:
-It took a little longer than expected for everyone to figure out what to do. I had hoped that upon opening the cookie, everyone would immediately begin to play their part. It took a little motivation from another student singing and me drumming on a chair to get everyone to finally play.
-Some participated more than others, so the musical piece wasn't as loud as I had hoped it would be.

Future Changes:
-In the future I think it would be fun to take this idea further, like providing a table full of objects to play with or getting a larger group, maybe even with musicians.
-It would be a pretty fun party game to try out with my friends, who would probably be a little less shy.
-Something besides music could also replace the fortunes inside and be made into a different kind of game, like a cookie truth or dare or something.




No comments:

Post a Comment