Monday, July 1, 2013

A Game Needs To Be Interesting

   As the title of my post says, a game needs to be interesting. A game must capture the attention of its targeted audience whether it be just the story/plot/lore, game play, artwork, music, the people working on it or reviews, a mix, or all of those listed. When it hooks a player in, he/she decides if the game is fun to play. That is how it is for me. I see a game that catches my eye. I check up on it online to know more about it. Then I decide whether I should buy it or not. Most of the games I purchased have been fun; they were immersive. That's what made I Love Bees successful.

   During the release of Halo 2's announcement trailer, something caught the attention of the viewers that was out of place. It led them to the site of I Love Bees, which was seemingly unrelated to the game. The involved were hooked; they collectively start solving the "problem" the site is experiencing from the scant clues they were left from the site. This game immersed them because of its mysterious plot. They were curious as to what was behind the countdown that appeared in the website as well as the plead for help by the website's creator. It was a mystery to solve, and the way to solve it was to share notes and information with other people. For them, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment