Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dominoes and Tri-ominoes

So, class was amazingly fun on Wednesday, and I think we can all say we had fun playing the Mexican Train game. I loved how inventive the game was, just by adding a few little innovations, they made the rather simple game of dominoes really intriguing and unique. I loved how the game forced you to really have a good strategy so you didn't get stuck with high scored pieces, and yet at the same time, threw in enough difficulties that you could still get worked over. The one thing I felt bad for was everyone who pulled an "Allen", that was unfortunate.

The entire time we were playing, I kept thinking about the game I grew up with, Tri-ominoes. I'm fairly certain that our family's copy is down on my parent's boat in California, but I thought I'd show you guys what the game looks like and link the basic description of it. It's not that much different than dominoes, but having your pieces be three sided can make for some very interesting geometric shapes as you play.

Triminoes Description

No comments:

Post a Comment