Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The maze with blindfold


This is an experience of maze with blindfold. The idea comes from the movie called "The Maze Runner" in 2014. The main character Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape. I was really interested about this movie because i cannot imagine what will i do
if i was in the movie. I hope i can experience with this kind of maze someday.

Description
The basic rules about experience of maze is wearing the eye mask to cover the light and image. During the experience, the player has to be alone and walk through the maze. The player has no choice to say help to anyone. Even though you may face in danger during the maze, you still have to overcome by yourself. 
My goal is making people feel alone and scared to escape the maze. 

Set Up the Environment 
After this idea come out, my first perfect choice for this experience is maze in a dark room. I'm lucky that professor help me out for finding a room with many removable chairs and modern folded table. That gives me more easier to achieve my goal. I have search lots of maze picture on internet, but it is sort of different with in real life. You have to built two ways that one is exit another one is enter. It is different because the room only have one door, so i have think out this to make it happen in this room. Also, i was planning to have some sound effect by using my speaker. It was easy that i just download some scared Halloween app on my phone. Another trick is i brought my big mickey toy. It seems like a person's tall. I want him to sit on the chair in the center of the maze. If the player passed by, he may touch it and i will play the scared sound at that moment. Moreover, to make sure the person who in the maze can meet the toy, i have to built in the right way. For this situation, i have test several times by myself.




The Result
 From my project, i think the way to be successful is keep testing again and again , maybe some additional reverse. Since everyone may has different ability to escape the maze, i have to make sure the trick i made is working on most of people. As the result, Liang said once she wore the eye mask, she really felt alone. Also, the outside environment was really quiet so that she do not know what to do and which direction she can go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment