Friday, August 17, 2012

Tic Tac Toe

Tic Tac Toe post

I really wanted to keep the spirit of the game in tact. I set out rules at the beginning of the assignment; I needed to keep it a pen and paper game and the rules needed to be easy to learn.

That was actually harder than I thought and for a while the game I was designing became very extravagant. I love games where the players work together and so it became a bridge building game, then a railway building game down a long gridded board where the game would randomly throw roadblocks at you.

I really wanted to stick to my original rules so I began to talk to Dad about it. He told me he and his brothers had come up with a game where the grid was larger and you only needed five in a row. It was I who came up with the idea that the edges were portals that lead to the opposite grid point on the other side of the board.

Other than the changes we made (8 by 8 grid) the game remained the same, and it became a strategy game where you could have fun but also kill a great deal of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment